Thursday, October 29, 2009

Kinda Like Homeschool or Vaccines!

   What shall we do for Christmas?  I've been thinking about decorating...not sure if I want to.  Isn't that sad?  
    You might be wondering, "What about Halloween?".  Well we don't do halloween...for a number of reasons.  First of all I believe it's the celebration of death and darkness.  We don't want to celebrate that, I don't want my kids to think it's ok to celebrate that.  
   Second we teach our kids all year 'round not to take candy from strangers or talk to them.  Then on halloween we send our kids to stranger's houses asking for candy.  
    That being said these are just our views and convictions, they don't have to be yours.  I'm fine if you want to participate, I don't want anyone to feel they have to agree with me or feel judged.  It's only our opinion and what we've chosen to do.  Kinda like homeschool or vaccines!  Not everyone does the same thing, how boring would that be if we did! 
   We're going to go race our little wooden cars instead and have soup and buns and other goodies with some great friends and family at our Church.  
      Some may say, "isn't that celebrating halloween?"  Well to some it might be, but I'm glad to get my kids away from town and some place where they don't have to be freaked out by the zombies walking around.  The princesses and buzz light years seem harmless enough, unfortunately they are not the only ones out there;)

     Now back to Christmas, am I going decorate or not? 
Hmmmm.....

2 comments:

Y.P.R.B. said...

well I say let the kids decorate, less for you to do and fun for them! We always take the kids out and cut down a tree together and then Ruby puts on the lights and garland and the kids do the rest. I am so not up for doing lots of decorating either, because then I have to shop for it and I don't like to shop these days. See you at the car rally.:)

Lollie said...

Good idea!