Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Only Love Remains




  I think this song is amazing.  It's one of those ones I wish I wrote.  I am going write out the lyrics I just want to read them!  I understand if you want to just scroll down;)

Scenes of you come rushing through
You are breaking me down
So break me into pieces
That will grow in the ground

I'm interrupting for a minute.  This song is a pray, but it scares me to pray like that.  What will it feel like to be broken down?  I have on some level experienced a little brokenness.  Along with that I would also pray "Only that which comes through the Cross of Christ!"
I am not in anyway disagreeing with her.  I totally agree with her and wish I was brave enough to pray like that!  

I know I deserve to die
For the murder in my heart
So be gentle with me Jesus
As you tear me apart

AMEN!

Please kill the liar
Kill the thief in me
You know I'm tired of their cruelty
Breathe into my spirit
Breathe into my veins
Until only love remains

Yes please Lord.

You burn away the ropes that bind
And hold me to the earth
The fire only leaves behind whatever is of worth
Love this line!
I begin to see reality
For the first time in my life
As much as I think I do, I have these moments where I really do. 
I know that I'm a shadow
But I'm dancing in Your light
AMEN!-
Teach me to be humble
Call me from the grave
Yes!
Show me how to walk with you upon the waves
Breathe into my spirit
Breathe into my veins
Until only love remains

No comments: