Saturday, September 18, 2010

The A list

  Sometimes when I'm really busy, or just bored, I think of all the things I'd like to do.  So here's a list that I need to get out of my head, and maybe later I can do something about it;)

1. I want to sew!  I really want a nice little room where my sewing machine is set up and waiting for me.  I'd like all my sewing tools, fabrics and patterns in one neat little easy to reach area.  I want to sew aprons for me and the girls.  Oh ya and this room can have Natalie's sewing machine set up too and we can sew together! 'Sigh' the thought is blissful.

2. I want to start Madalyn's baby book.  I know "bad Mommy".  It's not that I haven't saved things or written stuff down, it's just in a drawer here or there, not in her book.  Which I did pay a hefty price for, it is still in the plastic wrap, in a drawer.

3. I want to get back into my Creative Memories.  I was almost caught up, now I'm sure I'm 3yrs behind again. 
"Sigh" (not the blissful kind the sad kind)

4. I want to play Settlers of Cattan.  I bought the game, but I've never played.

5. I wish I didn't care about the extra layer of fat I've accumulated since the last baby.  Or I wish I cared enough about it to actually use that treadmill, (it's in a drawer with the baby book).

After all the "I wants"  I think I need to say some stuff I'm thankful for. Get my brain in order!

I am thankful for....

....The 100++ lbs of organic potatoes in my basement.
....the 5 large bags of organic carrots that are with the potatoes.
....the sore muscle from extracting those organic yummies from the ground
....the fact that the whole family, we 6, Oma, Papa, Auntie M and Uncle J worked together to plant, weed and harvest thus said garden veggies:) (PS the ones in my basement are just our share of the garden loot so it was a good year!)
....my family, all of them, extended ones too
....my children, they bring out the best in me, and the worst.  But thank the Lord for that, if you never see it, you can't fix it.  Thank you my children for showing me my imperfections, and thank you Lord that you know what to do with them.
....Sunshine
....Rain..I know I don't like it much either but it is necessary, really it is.
....the wonderful, handsome, funny, wise, hard working, loving man that God has blessed me with.
....good friends, everyone of them, I am blessed.
....COFFEE...yes I know I sound like an addict...but really I can quit if I want to...I just don't want to! :)
....feather duvets and feather pillows
....the roof over my head
....that my husband likes to see me happy, and he tries to make things easier for me
....the things that I have learned and the things that I am learning
....the God who loves me, saved me, leads me.  Without whom I would be lost, without hope and afraid.  What's that hymn?  "Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine, oh what a foretaste of Glory Divine. This is my story this is my song, Praising my Savior all the day long!" 

1 comment:

Darci said...

i'm so with you on the sewing room.. I have two machines sitting in my living room and no inspiration to make anything :(