Monday, November 29, 2010

Mistake #1

 Word of advice....be careful where you get your sewing instructions. 
   Following duvet making instructions from a miscellaneous site, I bought the listed amount of material for the proper bedding sizes.  Unfortunately there was no where on those instructions that told me this would only cover the front!
   I thought at the time, "This is a lot of material!".  Not once did I think it wouldn't be enough. 
   While I only need a 15 x 84 inch piece for the Twin Cover, I'll need another 5 1/2 yards for the Double.  NUTS!
  I am beginning to think it would have been cheaper and easy to buy covers.  I would have, but the ones I liked were at least $100, the cheaper ones where not as pretty.  I have beautiful material, the kids are going to love it.  If it gets done!
  I've spent $189 on 3 duvet covers so far, how much more will I need to spend?? 
 
   I am currently undoing 1/4 of the stitching I did late last night.
  
   Mistake #2 Sewing while tired = miss calculations in measurements.  OOPS! 

No comments: