Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sittin' in the Rain, Water on Your Brain, Got a Hole in Your Boat

  That's  how I feel when I'm sick.  Do you remember that song?  I think it was a Michael W. Smith? (Wow I totally drew a blank on his name!) 
 
"Sittin' in the rain,
water on your brain,
gotta hole in your boat. 
Tryin to stay afloat,
has got you down. 

I’ve got a wind in my sail
Rubber boots and a pail
I’ll throw you a line
Rest assured that i
Won’t ever let you drown


Chorus:
’cause when you’re up against the wall
You know I’ll be here for you, for you
When you rise and when you fall
I’ll always be here for you, for you


When the plans you make
Fall through and take you
For a loop
Or some bird has flown the coop
And left you stranded
Just lean on me
And together you see
We’ll carry the load
Even if we don’t
Quite understand it



     I'm not really sinking, just feeling sorry for myself.  When I'm under the weather and not myself all the things I wanted to get done and can't bother me.  Like grocery shopping, my workout, lesson planning.  I just don't have the energy and I can't see through the cobwebs in my brain. 
      We're in survival mode here.  I make waffles, toast and ichaban to keep the children fed.  They do the dishes and whatever school they can without me.  Then they play games and watch movies the rest of the time.  Don't worry they are supervised.  I counted there are 4 here!  Ok that means one is missing but I remembered that he went to Oma's:)


    Hope you all are avoiding the annoying coughs, colds and flus.  I am going to take more Vitamin C and drink some tea.

No comments: