Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Unfinished things

  I am very intolerant of unfinished things.  This is one of my biggest pet peeves. 
    I really don't like going in the basement and only will if I absolutely have to.  Bare concrete and ceiling open to the floor boards above, yucky.  Not to mention the layer of concrete dust and drywall debris for previous renos.  Plus stashes of unused appliances and boxes of "things".  Not my cup of tea!
   It's funny how that dislike carries over into the rest of my house and the way I think and feel about it.  I have never been really good or diligent when it comes to house work.  Cleaning is for the birds I say.  It's one of those things that looks nice when done, but is never really done, cause you have to keep doing it.  I like puzzles.  When you are finished, you're finished, you don't have to do it ever again.  Unless you want to.
   My house (the parts that are finished) is nice.  It has nice colour (I dislike white walls).  It has character (there isn't another house like this one trust me). 
The first few times I walked through this house I got lost.  Not because it's big, but it has levels that confuse you. 

  It's amusing to me that something like being unfinished can bother me so much that I lack the motivation to finish it.  Well motivation I have, skill I have not, nor the muscle needed.  I find it amusing because I myself am not finished.  None of us are.  We continue on this race for Christ and we won't be "finished" until we're home, in heaven.
He is patient with me in my unfinished state and I must learn to be content in my circumstances.   And still get my work done, no excuses!
Umm well maybe after another coffee!
This is the same space as the picture above, only finished.
To stay nice though, it needs maintenance.  Cleaning, decluttering and sometimes replacing broken things.
Just like me. Only I get maintenance though God's word.  But hey some paint and polish doesn't hurt;)

  

1 comment:

Darci said...

I am so with you on the cleaning. I do it best when I need to work off a mad :)
Oh to be a finished product. How nice it will be.