Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Christmas List

(I couldn't remember if we had a tree up last year, but look we did!)
   What do you do first?  Do you plan your decorations, get out your ornaments, clean?   Do you write your food menus and grocery lists?  Write a list of all the gifts to buy?
    I wish I was that organized.  If I ever am, which I'm not, I usually get a list of gift ideas written down.  Whether or not that's what I actually do depends on my mood at the store.  If I see something better I'll switch, if I think I can make it, then I switch.
    This year I think I'll be doing a lot of online shopping.  I may check out the local toy store and see if anything catches my eye.  I will be avoiding Wal-Mart this holiday season. 
   For my own kids I plan on making Duvet Covers.  The one that doesn't have a duvet will get one, and the one who doesn't like duvets (I know! crazy right!) will get a comforter set.  
    I haven't figured out Madi's gift yet, since I don't want to smoother her with a duvet in her crib, I'll have to come up with something else.
   I have a pretty good idea what I want to get the little nieces and nephews.  Just not sure about the big ones yet.
  
   I also have to plan a family picture.  Last year we had Ruth come and take pictures.  This year I think she's too busy with her beautiful new baby.
   Gotta think about that.....what to do??

I am thinking about food a little bit.  My new Brother-In-Law is a great cook I hear, so maybe I'll be getting him to do the Christmas cooking!

   There are also Christmas cookies on my brain.  Maybe I'll get the kids to do them all this year.  It might be fun for them!

Christmas is coming fast, and I'm starting to feel the pressure, panic, well whatever it is!!

No comments: