Saturday, January 7, 2012

What I Need a Joy Dare.

  Maybe this is what I need to do right now.  Not that I am feeling depressed or anything really.  As a matter of fact I'm not even sure what I feel.  I don't feel anxious, maybe a little sadness.  I have a friend in a hospital far from here he may die from the cancer and he might not.  Depends on what God will do.  I know God can do all things, but from my own experiences with loved ones dying I've come to realize that God does not view death the way we do.  Especially for the believer.  So we wait, and pray, and hope, and know that we are dearly loved.  God is good and He loves us deeply.
    I have been inspired by Ann Voskamp.  To be thankful, to count His many graces in my life and in the world around me.  I have even attempted to write some down.  But never consistently.  She has started The Joy Dare.  I'm going to try it.   I'll keep track of it here on my blog.  Papers are lost to me.  I start one and it always disappears.  Buying a journal, well that takes me remembering to grab one when I'm down town, which is usually only when I have to buy groceries.
   Here seems like a good place to start.  If you want to join in follow The Link.  Read her blog it's awesome! Scroll down to the Joy Dare. 
   I'm a bit behind so I'll get caught up to today.
1. 3 things about yourself that you are grateful for.
   ~ I love people
   ~ I am a peacemaker
   ~ I forgive

2. A gift outside, inside, on a plate.
   ~ It's not below 0
   ~ My boys cleaned the kitchen and made me coffee
   ~ Toast with honey

3. 3 lines that you overheard that were graces.
   ~ We will rise from the ashes
   ~ There is no reason to be afraid
   ~ Hugs and Kisses Mommy I love you

4. one gift old, new and blue.
  ~ A praying Grandmother who is long since gone, but I believe her prayers are still being answered today.
  ~ New life within my womb.
  ~ Blue for it maybe a baby boy (pretty sure of it anyway;)

5.Something you're reading, you're making, you're seeing.
  ~ I've been reading Ecclesiastes
  ~ Well I'm being used to make this little baby but as for actual creativity on my own I'm not doing anything.
  ~ I'm seeing my children grow up before my eyes, it is happening so quickly it makes me sad.  But I am so, so grateful I get to be here and see it.

6. one thing in your bag, your fridge, your heart.
 ~ My drivers license
 ~ Eggs
 ~ Thankfulness

7. 3 graces from people you love.
 ~ How my husband makes me know without a doubt that he adores me, loves me and there is no one else (besides Jesus) as close as me.
 ~ That even when I blow it as a mother my children always forgive me.
 ~ The love and support of our parents and siblings, to walk in the way that God leads us.
  

No comments: